Saturday, July 17, 2010

French Onion Soup

I decided to make homemade French Onion Soup. first I got a boneless beef roast and cooked it in the crock pot for a couple of days. I separated the beef and then added French Onion Soup mix, sun dried tomatoes and sliced onions. I let it simmer for another day at low temperature. Added spices as needed.

I sliced two onions up and cooked them on the stove with butter and sugar, until they were caramelized.  Scoop the soup into a large bowl then layered the onions.

We made toasted French bread then sliced it into one inch pieces. Put that on top and then fresh grated Parmesan Cheese on top.


The other bowl before it was put into the oven.


Cook at 425 degrees  for about ten minutes until cheese is melted and brown. The soup was outstanding!! We plan on having some more tomorrow!

No comments: