Wednesday, February 2, 2011

20 parrot tricks in 2 minutes

This bird is amazing and darn cute to boot. He is using clicker training. This guy has spent quite a bit of time working with him. I love the "Play dead" trick!

We used to have parrots when we lived in Panama. We brought two parrots back with us and they lived with us for years. Peter, the Yellow head Parrot, was quite vocal and would chatter up a storm. He would mimic my mother quite well and often would fool my brother and I. I have fond memories of those birds. Another one that had blue head and was much smaller, was our favorite. He was free in the house and would follow us everywhere. His name was "Pretty Boy". He was extremely smart and learned a lot of tricks. He was also a member of the family. He adored my mother (and if you meet my mother, you would too) and would follow her everywhere. I miss having parrots and would love to have one but I don't have the time to devote to one, otherwise I would get one.

Those of you with parrots.....what have you taught them and what type of parrot do you have?

No comments: