1 boneless skinless chicken breast
3/4-lb. sugar snap peas
2 C. cooked and cooled white rice
2 minced garlic cloves
1 small minced white onion
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbs. soy sauce
2 Tbs. sesame seed oil
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat a nonstick wok or a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the oil.
- Add the garlic, onion and cubed chicken breast. stir constantly until the chicken pieces begin to color slightly 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas and stir-fry just until their color brightens, about 30 seconds.
- Then add the rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Drizzle the beaten eggs around the rim of the wok or skillet so that it cooks before it touches the rice. Stir the egg into the rice.
- Sprinkle in the soy sauce and stir well.
- Season the fried rice to taste with salt and pepper. You can use pork or beef. I use shredded carrots to add color.