Saturday, November 13, 2010

River Fork Veterinary, Acupunture and Chiropractic

Dr Gene Koo Kang was the on site Veterinary for the Regionals and Fire Ridge. He also does Acupuncture and Chiropractic work on animals. I have my dogs adjusted on a regular basis at home but I have never had acupuncture done on my dogs. I grabbed Nan and Roo and asked him to examine them and see if they needed any work.

Well, gee....he worked on Nan...adjusted her back and did some acupuncture work on her....sheesh, she ran faster and  faster on her run! I didn't think she could go faster that WARP 5 speed but he had he fixed so she was at WARP 9 speed. She was supple in her movements and turned on a dime. Her back wasn't hunched anymore.

He hooked her to his acupuncture machine and you could her the knots in her back move. Nan was well behaved for the treatment.  Roo was fine but wanted to have his belly rubbed. He only needed the chiro work. His right shoulder was locked up so it was hard to him to turn easy on that side. I could as well see the difference in both of my dogs. He worked on them at Regionals and then again at Fire Ridge. It was well worth it for me. My dogs ran well and were not in pain. Quite a few trial folks had their dogs worked on at both trials.


See how he spoiled his dog, Mindy.

Lynn is getting his dog worked on.

Judy is getting her dogs worked on and these are  the wire hooked up for the acupuncture work.

Check it out. It's totally fascinating.

I highly recommend his work and should you be in the Roseburg area (Oregon), stop by and see him. He also does dog shows and trials so contact him to come out to your event. I give him 5 stars plus several Mike's Hard Lemonades...( I got another convert)

Here is some info on him as I couldn't remember what all he told me! He is a kind and compassionate person. His wife, Wendy is a real sweetheart (he married well!)

**************************************************************************

I'm a veterinarian, 2009 graduate of Colorado State University-Veterinary Medicine. I am also professionally trained in Veterinary Acupuncture by the Colorado State Medical Acupuncture for Veterinarians and a member of the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society and Options College of Animal Chiropractic, International Veterinary Chiropractic Association.

My wife, Wendy and I moved to Roseburg, OR 1 1/2 years ago, where I have River Forks Veterinary Service, a mobile large and small animal practice. Wendy is the Executive Director of Saving Grace Animal Adoption Center, which is in the process of building a new facility.

I really enjoy working with working Border Collies and their people because they are such a healthy dose of "honest dogs" (to borrow from Allison and Bryan), incredibly intelligent animals, living to their fullest potential and telos (purpose in life), with passion and devotion.

I grew up in Los Angeles, joined the Army, served as a medic in the 1st Gulf War, afterwards moved to Denver, Colorado, and then attended vet school, after which, we moved to Oregon.
I love taking Wendy to the coast and picking mussels, hiking, traveling in our RV, I play the guitar, and we love Jesus. We don't have any kids yet, but will are planning on running out and buying a couple once my practice is on more predictable footing. We do have 3 dogs and 3 cats.

********************************************************************************

Contact Dr. Gene Koo Kang at RiverForksVet@gmail.com
Phone: 541-530-6683

No website (yet)

1 comment:

An English Shepherd said...

Looks interesting, never seen acuputure for dogs over here!

Wizz :-)