1 TB canola oil
1/4 C thinly sliced carrot
1/C C chopped celery
1/3 C chopped Onion
4-5 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 C milk
1 large raw salmon fillet, in small-med chunks
1/2 C Smoked salmon
2 C cauliflower heads, in small chunks
3 ts fresh chopped chives
2-3 cups leftover mashed potatoes or cubed cooked potatoes2 ts tarragon
1 TB Dijon mustard
1/4 ts salt
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Brown carrots. onions, and celery.
- Add broth, milk, cauliflower, and chives and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer.
- Cook raw salmon in another pan with butter until done and set aside.
- Stir potatoes, tarragon and mustard into the soup and blend.
- Simmer and add salmon and smoked salmon and reheat. Add salt and pepper.