Friday, October 2, 2009

2001 USBCHA Finals- Nursery- History

Here is a photo of some friends and me at the 2001 USBCHA Nursery and Open Sheepdog Finals in Klamath Fall, OR. It was my first big show to attend and it won't be my last.


Martha, me and Sue.

This is the year that Tess ran in Nursery with Scott Glen and got 6th Place and finally her ABCA Papers on ROM (Registered On Merit) It was only fitting that she qualified again to run in the 2009 Open Sheepdog Finals. She has qualified and ran in 2004 as well as qualifying other years.

This 2001 Finals I met Ralph Pulfer and his friend Don W. We hung out each morning, rode around on his quad/golf cart and drank beer at 10 in the monring. I learned a lot about each dog on the field as Ralph knew quite a bit of the dogs and handlers. In addtion, he flirted with all the women. He was a character and when I ran into him again at the 2004, he asked me if I wanted to go for another quad ride. Or have an early morning beer. I told him he still was the flirt and I passed on the beer.I did a series of taped interviews with him and one day will write an article about him for the Border Collie Magazine.



No comments: