4 loin of lamb chops 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
2 Tb olive oil
2 - 3 minced and peeled shallots
1 - 1 1/2 Tb tomato paste
3/4 cup red wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 - 2 Ts fresh minced thyme and rosemary
1 Tb balsamic vinegar
2 Tb unsalted butter
Dash of Kosher salt and black pepper
1. Pat the lamb chops dry. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tb of olive oil over medium-high heat until melted. Use a heavy cast iron pan.
3. Put the 4 loin lamb chops in the pan and cook until browned and medium-rare.
4. Remove the chops place on plate and cover with tin foil.
5. In the pan, add the other 1 Tb of olive oil and cook the shallots.
6. Add the tomato paste and stir until it begins to brown. About 1 minute or less and then add the wine, thyme, rosemary and chicken broth. Cook for a few more minutes until it is thickened.
7. Add the vinegar and cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Remove from stove top and add the butter and whisk. Add the salt and pepper. Drizzle on the chops and serve.