Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heart Recovery Update

This morning I woke up to a horrible migraine. Yikes, I hate those. I massaged my neck and it helped quite a bit. There were huge knots in my neck,. I also took my migraine pill which helped. getting rid of an nasty migraine is key to enjoying life.

Tony, my boss, called from work to check up on me. He called the day before but I was asleep so Getty filled him on. I still was feeling yucky when he called. So much for working this week. I guess it will be a recovery week. I had planned on working from home. If I feel better tomorrow I will try to work on my presentation.

Mom and Kimko came about noonish and they were bearing tons of food. They quickly whipped up sukiyaki and I managed to eat some meat, mushrooms and tofu but not very much. I did feel better and after a bit got more energy and had tea with them. I still don't have very much of an appetite but my stomach is starting to make some noises like it is trying to get back on track. As of now, I haven't really eaten for three days. I haven't had any coffee for three days!!

Of course, Tess, Nan and Lucy went crazy when they came over. They didn't listen to me at all but stared adoringly into Mom and Kimiko eyes until they got dog biscuits. They had so many dog biscuits today and they also got Sukiyaki. Talk about being spoiled. They also got to play ball and get petted all day. Mom and Kimiko loves the girls so I let them (as if I had a choice) spoil the dogs all they want.

Nelson also called and I don't remember much of that conversation. I also talked to Kathy last night and all I remember is that her SUV got a huge crack in the windshield. Other people have called and I don't remember who or what I said!! I was feeling pretty bad so it was all a blur.



As I said in yesterdays blog, I would put up the picture that I got from Dr. Heywood. The picture above shows the right atrium of the heart. The many colors are just that. The blue and brown dots are the areas that they had to burn. See it looks likes a burnt fire path. The black squiggly line is the electrical circuit that is jumping around to find a new path. Click on the picture to enlarge.

As you can see, they made a dead zone across the middle of the right atrium so the electrical circuit can not go across the path and send out erroneous signals for the fluttering heart beat. So by doing the burn path, the heart then gets the correct heart signals and beats properly. This is the layman's aka the Cliff Notes.

For more details go here: Article or Article

Right now, I am feeling much better and the med have worn down. I still don't have much of an appetite but am up and about. I don't have a lot of energy yet but at least I feel like a human again. It's been a rough couple of days but it is uphill now.

Mom and Kimko left me bunches of food to tide me over for a few days so I am good to go. Tess, Nan and Lucy are my couch warmers and Getty is keeping my water mug full.

I totally missed American Idol last night so I guess I will see who gets kicked off tonight. Any of your folks see AI last night, if so, who was good and who was bad? Who would you vote off the Island?

3 comments:

Welsh shepherdess said...

Allison went home :-( BUT ADAM ROCKED! He was SUPERB. We don't get it on the TV until tonight but I cheated...

How are you feeling today?

BCxFour said...

Glad you are starting to feel better!

An English Shepherd said...

Yes glad you are feeling a bit better.

Wizz :-)