Finely chopped 3 stalks celery
Finely chopped 3 medium-sized potatoes
Cup of Half and Half
3 cups of vegie or beef stock
1/2 stick of butter
Salt and pepper
Fresh parsley or chives
2 tablespoon butter
- Chop the vegetables into roughly even sized pieces.
- Melt the butter and sauté the onion until they are yellow and soft.
- Add the other vegetables and continue sautéing with the lid on, over a low heat, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water or stock and season with salt and pepper and add the bay leaf.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- When vegetables are ready, remove the bay leaf and add 1 cup of milk and 1-2 tablespoons butter.
- Reheat (but don’t boil).
- Once the soup is on the soup plate, garnish with parsley (or chives or dill).
- Serve with crusty bread and butter.