Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Our new trailer

I've been looking for a trailer for a long time. There are a ton of them out there and I wanted to make sure I got a good one. Sigh, but I didn't know anything about trailers.....I asked Jenny Glen and she pointed me to Lori Cunningham....aka the Trailer Queen.

Lori saved me a bunch of work but telling me what to look for as well what NOT to look for. Thank you Lori for answering my endless email son this subject!! You have the patience of a saint. I owe you big time!!

She wrote an excellent article:

http://www.littlehats.net/cunninghamt01.html


Here it is. It will do fine for a few years until I can upgrade to a top of the line model. The owner had only used this about 10 times and had it stored under cover. 2003 Fleetwood Pioneer. 18 ft of trailer and 23 ft in length. It wasn't my first choice but the price was worth it.


Very clean inside. He didn't smoke or have any dogs inside. I will have dogs inside but don't smoke. Getty even approved of it. We plan to go camping to non-dog events.

White appliances...it has a fridge and freezer, stove, oven and microwave. Dual sinks.


Nice couch and lots of storage. When I was looking this model was selling for $8950-10,000.  Now I have to get it outfitted out and get sway bars and big mirrors. I look forward to going to trials in my trailer.

Now I need another person to go with me who know has experience in pulling trailers and giving me lessons!!

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

WOW! Very nice! John and I have been looking into buying a trailer too, but we never seem to get past the 'talking about it' stage. That is a great deal on a nice rig!