Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A new lease on Life.....

Gee, the last three of days just flew by. It’s amazing how short the winter days are now and there is so much to do and not enough daylight!! Since I have been feeling better, I am trying to do chores around the house. I pick the one that require lifting less than ten pounds.

I cleaned out my walk in closet, arranged the closets in order, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, short sleeves, long sleeves, Western gear, winter gear, shorts, casual pants, and fancy pants. I ended up with two boxes of clothes that I don’t wear (nice, fancy clothes and suits) and will donate them to Goodwill. Then, onto the dresser and cleaned out the sweaters and got a box to donate and arranged the drawers into trial (herding) sweaters, fun sweaters and work sweaters.

I went to the airport and picked up Belle. Worked dogs and feed the livestock. Cleaned the kennels. Got to know Belle. She is a nice dog.

I also went and got some free carpet today so it can be put into the muddy parts of my pasture. It was four rolls, one roll was huge. I got the people who were giving it away to load it and then Getty to unload it. Then I went to Del’s and got 10 bags of grain, chicken feed, dog food, stall mats, kennel wood pellets and other assorted stuff. Again, they loaded it and Getty will unload it tomorrow.

Then I wandered down to the Library (third bedroom) and cleaned and rearranged two book cases. Got four bags of books to give away. I still have to do one more book case.

I still want to point out that none of the above weighed more than 10 pounds.

My incision has gone done and hardly hurts. It still tender but not painful. My energy level is doing well and I am tired by mid day but not tired enough for a nap. I do get tired by six though.

I still have no stamina but I am working on it. My goal is to be fit by January. I also have to realize that I still have two heart issues that need to be addressed. I still have arrhythmia and the Third Degree Atrioventricular Block. I have a few more Doctor appointments and heart procedures to do still so I am not out of the wood yet. But I have one foot out of the woods

Oddly enough, my open heart chest scar has been sore and tender. I think I have been sleeping on it incorrectly. My feet and hands have warm and I can only remember them being cold all my life. My appetite is huge and I eat and eat. I have gained weight and now am 120 lbs. I can almost fit into my jeans!!

Whew, I am tired now and wonder why? Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we have a lot to be thankful for.

For me, a new lease on life.

No comments: