Friday, May 18, 2012

Our Last Pen - R.I.P Del'mar Scot

Rest in Peace
My dear friend
my old soul.

Our last pen.

Scott put away the ewes and lambs in the night pen. I was crying too hard to give him any commands, but the wise old dog knew what to do.  Janet brought him over so his last night would be at his beloved farm. Janet had gotten Scott from me and she loved him dearly. He was my Open Cattle and Sheep dog, then he retired and went to Janet. He became her trial dog and he retired last year. She ran him with great success.  Scott was loved by many people. He passed over to the Rainbow Bridge last night, surrounded by those who all loved him. I put my whistle around his neck so he would have a piece of me to cross over with. Janet loved Scott so much that she didn't want him to have any more pain.

Saying Good-Bye is so hard to do. Tears are rolling down my face and as I look in his eyes, he says, "It's aright. I am ready to go now. I have taught you well. Remember me and I will be at your side when you walk to the post."

Kissing Scott Good-Bye. I love you and will miss you.

Del-Mar Scot June 7, 1999-May 17, 2012



3 comments:

gvmama said...

How sad. Was he sick?

Hillcrest Border Collies said...

That made tears in my eyes. RIP Scott and go chase all the woolies over on the other side.

Donna Marsh said...

What a beautiful post. I cried, remembering a dog I had put down a few months ago. Isn't it amazing when it is time for our dogs to be at peace, they comfort us?