Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Driving is not in the Cards for me!!!

I woke up in the middle of the night and had to take a pain pill. When I woke up, I had realized that I was lying funky on the couch and that position made my chest hurt. Add the fact that my chest was hurting from Monday, so this was not good.

On Monday, I had to drive myself to the Doctor appt. My mom was recovering from her surgery, Jeff was at work and so was my brother. So I got up at 7:30, and then at 8 went to my appt. so needless to say, I did not take my morning Oxycontin.

It probably wouldn’t have been so bad except for the fact that when you do lane changes, you twist your upper chest to look over your shoulder to make sure that a car is not in the lane that you want to merge in. Then you use your arms and upper body to park and go around corners. So by the time I got to the Doctors, I was a little off.

They drew blood to see what my *blood thinning level* is and it is not high enough. So they upped my blood thinning meds and sent me on my way.

The drive to the office was a nightmare as it was rush hour and everyone was in a hurry. Since I haven’t driven for 8 weeks, I forgot how crazy people can get during rush hour. One guy was whipping in/out of lanes and then stopped in front of me which made me slam on my brakes. I had my pillow in front of my chest but I still felt it. Then the fool then whipped in front of other folks and almost sideswiped a SUV. I hope the “Karma Police” pays him a visit and maybe give him a “Ticket for being Stupid”

So after the appt, I went home and took a ½ perco. It took me close to an hr to get home so it was too late to take my Oxycontin, although in hindsight I should have taken it, but I took a ½ perco instead. I hurt all day so I took another ½ perco at 3:00, about 5.5 hrs after I took the first ½ pill. I felt my chest hurt all day. That is not a good feeling!!

I didn’t do much all day except some housework. I did play with the dogs, of course. I just wanted the pain to go away. I wasn’t in the mood to even think of cooking so Jeff got some Chinese food for us. By that time it was time for my nightly meds and so by the time we ate dinner, the longer acting pain pill had kicked in and I felt better.

Tess was my couch buddy and one time I woke up in the middle of the night, I was scrunched up on half of the couch while she was all stretched out on the other half. She had her head on ‘Pinky” and looked quite comfortable. At least, this time she didn’t snore!!

Today, I decided my website (DeltaBluez Stockdogs) needed to be updated and cleaned up and so I did that. I worked on the Student’s page, updated the pages that were out of date and just some maintenance. It didn’t require a lot of movement and that helped. I managed to get a ton of emails read and answered some of them.

Nan, Tess and Rigby looking in the front screen door. They all think they need to come up and help me make lunch. Notice that Nan is on the other side of Tess, as far as she can be from Rigby. They all got a piece of my sandwich.

I went out and played with the dogs (daily routine) and fed the sheep. I was moving slowly and trying to be extra careful.

Last night I talked to one of my best friend, Janet. She is a Chiropractor and is going to come up on Thursday and work on my ribs and back. My ribs are all messed up as the Doctors had to pry them apart to get into my chest area.

Janet and I have been dear friends for 36 years….....YES, T-H-I-R-T-Y S-I-X years!! We meet in Junior High and our love for horse sealed our friendship. We talked of old times and we laughed at some of the crazy things we used to do. Our parents would be appalled and no way, I am going to put what we did in this blog. We lived through it all and had fun!

It’s been a quiet two days and I want my chest to quit hurting. It seems like the last 2 weeks, it has been hurting. But I have been reducing my pain meds, have been more active and pushing myself to get better.

Oh, great news. Bonnie Block, who has to be one of the best photographers in the World, has helped me find a camera. I decided to buy myself a *50th Birthday Present* and asked Bonnie what camera to get. She did the research and I am getting a Canon 40D. I am so excited. She even helping me get setup with the right lens. She just rocks. Thank you, Bonnie!!!

No comments: