1 cup shelled walnuts
1 tbsp butter2 tbsp sugar
1 lb pre cleaned raw shrimp (deveined, shelled and tails removed)
2 to 3 cups peanut oil (for frying)
1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
6 tbsp mayonnaise (Japanese or Helman/Best Foods)
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup flour
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 cup water
- Melt butter on medium low heat. Add the walnuts and stir until coated with the butter.
- Stir on high heat for 1 minute, then back to medium. Add sugar and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring all the time. Turn off heat and put aside.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the batter mix in a large bowl and set aside. Add the shrimp to the batter mix and coat each piece and set aside and leave shrimp in the mix.
- Heat the oil on high and when oil is ready, add one shrimp at a time and cook until done. About 2-3 minutes and the shrimp are golden brown. Do not overcook. When the shrimp is done, place on plate with paper towel so the excess oil can drain.
- In a serving bowl mix shrimp, sauce and walnuts and serve over shredded lettuce.
- Top with the Sesame Seeds.
- Add rice to the side.