Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Rainey at Palm Cottage in ProNovice

DeltaBluez Rainey at Palm Cottage Sheepdog Trial. 
 
One thing about Rain is that is she is always looking for her sheep. Just five minutes before her run, she was sound asleep under my chair. I nudged her awake and asked her if she saw the sheep. She pointed her nose to the set out, looked at me and then went back to sleep. Apparently, she knew where they were and didn't want to expend any extra energy by being stressed before her run.

She was very cautious on her lift and it took a bit of coaxing to get her to come on. She was also slow on the last bit of her outrun and I had to work on her to move and not stop.
 
 Getting the panels was very tough.

Sometimes she surprises me with her willingness in a very tough situation. She is not the strongest dog but she is very willing to do what I ask of her. I have been working on her to be more forceful.

The sheep were tough. Over half of the Open dogs did not get a score. We ran on the same sheep. She kept them on a fast clip. They tried to break to the exhaust but she tucked them back in and they never tried that again.

Look at the happy face. She did all that I asked of her.

She loves to work.

Cute as a button.

At the pen. We almost had it but ran out of time. She got third out of 26 dogs.
 

No comments: