Friday, November 30, 2007

....another dog update.....

DeltaBluez Lucy is at Eric Harlow's getting some miles working his range sheep. Eric runs a huge operations with 2000-5000 sheep....I sent Lucy over in Sept to get a few miles under her belt....


from Eric....he had posted this to a Border Collie board......

>>> I have had Lucy here for a couple months to get miles on her and put her to some "real" work. When she first got here she had some good basic work on her. She was lost on the big band of sheep but it hasn't taken that long to get her going. I look at it like basic training. When I went to basic training right out of high school, I thought I had a good grip. Well after 14 weeks I had done things I didn't even know I could.When Lucy got here she needed some miles. Now she has experience loading three semi-trucks of sheep. Shearing over 5000 sheep and trailing over 2500 lambs down the road to new grass. She also had expereince working with other dogs and still listening to me. She is just the right amount of push while still being in control. She has developed great bite placement without holding on. Pratical work will make most dogs even better dogs<<

His website is: http://www.harlowshillswestcoast.com/sheep_camp.htm

And he needs help when they lamb out in Feb/march and that link is: http://www.harlowshillswestcoast.com/lambing_school.htm


If you can go, do it!! You will learn tons!!

Diane

1 comment:

Monique said...

I miss Lucy. I'll be glad when she comes home...