6 lb bone-in American leg of lamb
2–3 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 lemon, cut into small wedges
Garlic salt, to taste
Lemon pepper, to taste
1 can chicken broth
6–8 red potatoes, quartered
5 carrots, sliced to 1/2-inch pieces
1 can small peas, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim excess fat if desired.
- Cut slits into leg of lamb and insert garlic cloves.
- Squeeze lemon wedges onto lamb and then insert wedges into additional slits.
- Season lamb with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Drizzle small amount of olive oil in large roasting pan and place leg of lamb in pan, fat side up.
- Place roaster in preheated oven, uncovered, for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If more juice is needed, add chicken broth.
- Add potatoes, carrots and peas, and seasoning to taste.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, or to preferred doneness.
- Remove leg of lamb and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice lamb and serve with roasted vegetables and juice. Enjoy and happy holidays
From the Etcheverry Sheep Company