Friday, May 28, 2010

I am here

I have landed and have wi-fo service, thanks to Sue and George MacDonald.

Today seemed like the longest day ever and it is only 5:30! First, I had to finish packing and get on the raod. I was joined by about 9 million other folks or so it seemed. The normally almost two hours journey took close to four hours. I'ts been nine month since I hauled the trailer so at first I was rusty but got in the groove after a few miles

I had to stop and get gas for the generator and propane. I was fiddling with no success on removing the tanks when this nice young man helped me. I asked him for help and he promptly came over, unhooked it, got then got the tanks filled and hooked up them again. I thanked him and told him that his mom shoulld be proud. He was in his late 20s or so and said, Yes ma'm, no ma'm and was super polite. It was great to see such a nice and polite young man and his mother should be extra proud of him.  I was stressing since my frozen shoulder was hurting and I couldn't lift the tanks. So needless to say, he made my afternoon! He gets five stars for his help.

I pulled in and there were a couple of folks in the parking area already. Since I cannot back up yet worth a hoot, Sue backed up the trailer up. Bonnie Block, George, Sue  and Bonnie Daly helped me set up. Of course, what is a trial without some setup issue. My fridge would not fire up and after a bit, we got it fixed. Namely, the two Bonnies. Bonnie Block aslo helped me get other stuff all squared away. She is a wonderful person.

Bonnie B got a new trailer and it is wonderful. It has a dog mud room and that sold me. I am going to sell my 18 foot trailer and get one like hers. It is very well laided out and is 23 feet long. But the mud room is to die for. That way the dogs can be dry and not in the back of my truck. And I don't have to climb in and out of my truck. Seriously, with one frozen shoulder, that is very hard for me to do. Now, I just have to find one but Bonnie sent me a link. She is good about helping me spend my money. She helped me spend my money for the cameras and the trailer that I am in now. She does a ton of research and find great deals.

It's been raining and the area where we are parked is soaking wet. Some of the rigs trailer wheels had sunk so getting out should be fun. They say the weather will get better. I put out my ground mat and it is covered with water already. I hope it drys up, even a little.

The sheep look nice and fat and the grass is bright green. They are setting the course now and later I will check it out. We are going out for dinner (Mexican) and then I am off to bed at an early hour. I have got a bit of a cold (sore throat/chest) and am run down so I need a good night sleep.

5 comments:

Hillcrest Border Collies said...

Take some picks of Bonnie B's trailer. I want to see how it is set up.

gvmama said...

Glad you have wifi (love the updates) and made it to your destination. You're a braver woman than I am. :0)

Debbie said...

I've gotta have that link! We're in the market for a trailer, and usually travel with between 4 and 10 dogs. Thanks!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I would like to see this trailer also. A doggy mudroom sounds divine!

My name is Bonnie and most of the Bonnie's I've met have dogs. The Bonnie down the road had BC's that she worked on her show sheep and trialed. That's who got me interested in herding and BC's. Funny to hear about another two:)

Unknown said...

I'll be posting about my new trailer this weekend!!