This is one of my favorite recipes. It's quick and easy. I also have used oysters instead of the fish.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 ts dried oregano
1/2 ts ground cumin
1/2 ts dried dill
½ ts paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup Panko
1 lb cod or halibut
1/2 cup canola oil
One sweet onion
2-3 ripe tomatoes
Cilantro to taste
Pinch of Salt
1/3 green cabbage, sliced thinly or finely chopped
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
8 or so flour tortillas
1. Mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, oregano, cumin, paprika and dill. Squeeze the lime juice and adjust to your taste. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Put in bowl and chill in refrigerator.
2. Finely chop up the onions, tomatoes and cilantro. Add a pinch of salt and squeeze some lime for flavor. Set in refrigerator.
3. Put cornmeal in one bowl. Whip the two eggs in a second bowl. Put the Panko into a third bowl.
4. Cut the fish into 1 inch x 3 inch strips. Pat dry. Dip fish into cornmeal, then into eggs and into the Panko. I usually put the Panko into a large baggie and shake the fish into it so it is coated well. Have the oil heated over med heat. I use a Dutch Oven to fry my fish.
5. Put fish into oil and cook until golden brown. After it is cooked put on paper towels so excess oil can drain.
6. Warm up tortillas on flat heavy skillet over low heat. Add cheese on tortillas and take off when it is melted.
7. Add fish, salsa, cabbage and fish sauce. Squeeze some lime juice on top. Roll up tortillas.