1 1/2 C. diced fresh tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
2 cloves minced fresh galic
1 C. fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1/3 C. olive oil
2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
2-4 dashes hot sauce
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 lb. salmon fillet
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place salmon in the bowl and coat well with the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Marinate 30-45 minutes turning often.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Coat grill tray with cooking spray and place on grill.
- Place salmon skin side up on grill tray and place 1/2 of the marinade on top.
- Close grill for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of fillet.
- Using a large spatula, flip the fillet to skin side down.
- Top with the remaining marinade.
- Close grill for another 10-15 minutes.
- Salmon will flake when done.