- 4 bone-in chicken breasts halves or 8 thighs
- 6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ts salt
- 1 tb crushed garlic
- 2 ts fresh peeled and coarsely chopped ginger,
- 1-2 ts lemon zest
- 1/4 ts paprika
- 1/2 ts freshly ground black pepper
- Mix lemonade with soy sauce, salt, garlic, ginger, lemon zest, paprika and black pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of lemonade mixture to use for basting – Put into a bowl
- Put the remaining mixture with the chicken, in the bag and make sure the chicken is covered..
- Marinate in the refrigerator for one day..
- Oil and preheat the grill.
- Remove chicken from bag. Do not use any of this marinade..
- Place chicken on hot grill. Cover and put over medium-high heat and, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Continue grilling until chicken is done.