Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall Shearing

We did our fall shearing this Saturday. Tim Sorg came up and did the shearing. He does the fall shearing. Scott also help as the wool packer. I did everything else. We sheared 38 sheep and hoof trimmed everyone.
 
Tim and one of the ewes.

 
He does nice clean cuts and the ewes are very calm.
 
I also like to see how well the ewes are after being on grass during the summer. Obviously this one did quite well. She was a bit over weight. Most of the sheep were just right or a bit over weight. The lambs that I decided to hold over that were born in March looked quite nice as well.
 
We got done around 4 and the rest of the afternoon did dog training. Then I was wondering why I was so exhausted that night. But fall shearing is done and the ram have been turned in with the ewes.
 
If you want Tim to shear your flock, he travels to northern Oregon and Washington. Contact me and I will put you in touch with him.


No comments: