- 1 1/2 lb raw extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined but leave the tails on
- 1/2C buttermilk
- 1/2 C shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 C crushed saltine crackers (ten or so)
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1/4 ts pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cooking sheep wiht Pam spray
- Place shrimp in a large bowl, add buttermilk and turn to coat.
- Combine coconut, crushed crackers, salt and pepper in large, shallow bowl.
- Remove shrimp from buttermilk and shake off excess buttermilk. Transfer shrimp to coconut mixture and turn to coat both sides. Press the coconut mixture into shrimp to create a nice crust.
- Place shrimp on prepared pan and bake 10-12 minutes, until shrimp are opaque and cooked through and coconut coating is golden brown and crispy.