Sunday, September 25, 2011

TA Elicja (Lisa)

A couple of months ago, I got a new Arabian. I loved this horse since she was a weaning but the timing was never right to buy her. She was sold and I was bummed. But fate as would have it, she came available for purchase and I took this sign and got her. She is from Toskhara Arabians. Her sire is Kordelas and dam is Etrea.

Lisa has had over six months of training on her, some reining, dressage, and western pleasure. For those of you that think I am going to do Dressage, think again. I will leave that for Kathy Davis. I mainly do trail riding now and at cow dog trials, I ride a horse since that is part of the requirement.

Yesterday, Audrey and I went for a ride. She rode Lisa and I rode Emmy. It was nice to go for a ride and it was a lovely day. We went for over two hours and just had a blast. It was nice to do a non-dog event too!

We plan to go on more ride and next time I will be on her. Audrey will be on Emma, the ex show Arab (hunter, etc)  I can't wait!

Lisa comes from pure Polish lines (both parents were imported). Her sire used to race in Poland. Her sibling are in Endurance, Dressage, Reining and other events. They have sound minds and excellent structure.


This is not me but her trainer.

If you want a great Arabian, get one from Dick and Christine Reed.



Life is grand!


1 comment:

gvmama said...

She's a beauty! Next time I'm up your way, let's go riding!