- Pam Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds raw extra-large shrimp or prawns, peeled and deveined and tails on
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup Panko
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. and spray the large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl, add buttermilk and turn to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, combine coconut, crushed crackers, salt and pepper.
- Remove shrimp from buttermilk and shake off excess buttermilk.
- Transfer shrimp to coconut mixture and turn to coat both sides, pressing coconut mixture firmly.
- Place shrimp on prepared pan and bake 10-12 minutes, until shrimp are opaque and cooked through and coconut coating is golden brown and crispy.