I love tacos and alaways looking for a good and quick recipe. Here is one and I tweak it each time, depending on what I have around.
1 lb extra-large shrimp
Salt and ground black pepper
1 TB ground cumin
2 med sliced red onions or white sweet
1/2 c chopped thinnly sliced carrots
4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
1 TB garlic, minced
1 mashed avocado
1/2 thinnly sliced cabbage
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
8 taco shells or 6-inch tortillas
1. Heat the grill to high.
2. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper and cumin
3. Divide the shrimp among 6 skewers.
4. Grill onions in olive oil or you can serve raw.
4. Lightly oil the grill grates. Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes until done
5. In a bowl add, tomatoes, chipotle pepper, carrots and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
6. In a small bowl, toss the avocado with the lime juice. In another small bowl, stir together the sour cream and cilantro and cabbage.
7. Make your taco!