Friday, March 25, 2011

Back in OKC

For those of you that don't know by now, I have been back in Oklahoma City this last week. I go back home on Saturday and look forward to it. I am at the FAA Academy for  training. I had to fly out on Sunday and then come back on Saturday, which pretty much messed up both weekends.

The bright side is that the weather has been great with 80 degrees and sunny. A far cry from when I was here in January. I moved to a better hotel (Wyndham) and it has been stellar. I had dinner with Susan Abrams and Bonnie Daley at the Cattleman's restaurant. I had the Filet Mignon  and was  able to eat only half of it. It was delicious! Susan and Bonnie are super cool and just fun people. Down to earth and the type of friends one would be honored to have. I am so happy that I got to be friends with them as they are such good people. It makes the visit to OKC much more fun and be able to talks dogs, sheep and non-work.  That night was the best night that I had here!

I did manage to shopping at Shelper's western store and got a pair of jean with fancy rhinestones on the back end. The jeans are cute and are a size 3/4...which make me happy as in the beginning of the year, I could barely squeeze into my size 8 jeans.  And I got anotehr cookbook for Getty. It's a Salsa Cookbook that has some cool recipes for salsa that I can't wait to try. I looked for another type of gift but didn't see anything that really suited him.

Other than that, I've been studying hard for class so I can pass the test on Friday. I can't wait to get home on late Saturday. OKC time is two hours ahead of Seattle time and it means I get up at 4:00 Seattle time....6:00 OKC time....that is so not me!

On the home front, there was the second go round of lamb births  explosions. I had most of the expectant ewes sorted in the stalls or the back lawn, Then, one ewe had given birth in the lower pasture but a friend could not find the lamb.  But she found a lost lamb in the back lawn  so we didn't know if this lamb was her or if hers was eaten by a coyote.  We didn't know if that lamb belong to "Melanie" (the ewe mentioned above) or was a lamb from one of the expectant ewe that was in the back lawn pasture.

My friend and I figured it out over the phone since I had my sheep spreadsheet of who had   lambs. The issue was couple of expectant ewes that were in the back lawn we had to make sure the lamb did not belong to one of them. Once we eliminated the back lawn sheep,  then she reunited the ewe with the lamb BUT the ewe decided she didn't want anything to do with the lamb. My friend tied her up in the stall and convinced to "remember" her lamb and she did.

We figured out that  the lamb crawled through the panel opening in the fence between the two pastures and got into the back lawn pasture but we didn't know this until later. We have no idea why she crawled through the opening but she did. But "Melanie" and the little ewe lamb are together and she is a loving mom now.

Apparently Tess, Rainey and Nan have not missed me at all. Tess quickly took over my spot on the bed by acquiring my pillow. Gee, nice to know that. At least, Getty has texted and called me so I am not so crushed!

I brought my camera with the grand idea of taking sightseeing pictures but since I really haven't gone anywhere, it has been unused, aside from the pictures I got of Susan, Bonnie and me. I was going to post the pictures but forgot the cable so those pictures will have to wait until I get back.

You never know how much you miss home until you have been alone in a hotel room, with no spouse, dog and sounds of bleating lambs. I'll be glad to sleep in my own bed on Saturday, snuggle with Getty and the girls and hear the farm sounds.

Of course, I'll be singing a different tune when it come to weaning time.

No comments: