Sunday, April 14, 2013

LGD Collars

Sometimes, Stella and Heidi like to wander off. This doesn't bode well with me so Wayne made some escape proof collars for them. Stella is the worse one of the two. He made it using pipe and screws. We will try this one first then then Julie P's collars later.
 
Since I am not mechanically inclined, I sent the pixs of the collars that I got from Phantom Ridge Border Collies. Wayne made it extra long as they will jump the fence as well. Heidi and her new collar.
 
Stella and her collar. Needless to say, she snapped the bolts off at the pipes. I think the pipes were not rubbery enough so she was able t bust her collar off. So we will be doing Plan B soon. But, never fear, Wayne is smarter and soon will be fixing a collar so she won't be able to bust. 
 

3 comments:

Donna Marsh said...

How on earth can that dog get restful sleep in that thing? If you can, post a picture of the dog laying down with it and sleeping. I'd love to see how that works!

Unknown said...

Bends quite easy and very soft.....where she has laid down, it is kinked.

Unknown said...

Diane, can you show a photo of it when it is not on the dog? It is a good idea for keeping them in. I would like to see how it is held together.

Thanks