Monday, July 11, 2011

Calgary Quick wrap-up

It's late and I am tired and headed to bed. We didn't make the top fifteen but we certainly had a grand time.  Janet ran Scott and his last trial he went out in a blaze of glory. They finished aside from the pen and it was some nice handling.  Roo ran great but I misjudged one barrel and since I have to had a super fast time with a pen, that cost me. I had to go back a redo that barrel and then we timed out at the pen but aside from that, I was happy with how Roo ran. I learned a lot about handling my dog differently and how to run better at this trial. We hope to come back next year.

Dale Montgomery won the 2011 Calgary Stampede with Ben. Dave Clayborn got second with Glen. Diane G got third with Skor. I got some videos of some of the run, but not all of them as my battery was dying. I will post them in a week.

We are headed out early to hit Spokane to stay at Ron Green's place. Then we will go riding and working cows. Then, I guess I have to go to work on Thursday!

More later when I get home and be able to write this at a decent hour.

No comments: