Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Maid!

Maid turned ten years old today. It's hard to believe that she has been here for 2.5 years. She is my right arm and my heart dog. She snuggles next to me on the couch and bed and pretty much has taken over Tess's role in everything.  She is quite funny and can be a real goofball. She loves to swim and get the ball as well. She is a very serious worker but off the stock, she acts like a puppy. She has teamed up to me quite well and turns herself inside out to please me. I am so in love with her. Thanks to Scott and Jenn Glen for entrusting me this wonderful partner.
 
Maid in the in winter playing hide-n-seek.

I noticed she is getting white on her muzzle.

She had a fun filled birthday. First, she helped me sort sheep for lessons and then helped with lessons. Then she did the chicken chores. Then we all (all the dogs) played ball in the pond and then I put them all away except for Maid. She swam in the pond after the ball and loved being the center of attention. Then a big raw bone for a snack. A new toy and then fresh raw chicken. Later she will be get her birthday burger. Then we snuggled on the couch and watched scary movies and she told me that she would protect me from the monsters....then she feel asleep and began to snore. It was a fine day and by the end she passed out on the bed, with her head on my hip and no doubt dreaming of sheep.
 
Happy Birthday, my dear sweetheart. I love you Maid!
 
 

No comments: