I saw this recipe on another site. I haven't made it yet but it looks delish! if you make it, let me know how it was.
Curried Lamb Stew
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 pound Lava Lake Lamb Leg meat trimmed and cubed into 3/4″ pieces
1 Large yellow Onion- Peeled and Julienne
1 small Carrot – Peeled and Julienne
1/2 cup golden raisins 3 tablespoons
Yellow Curry 1 tablespoon
Anise Seed 2 tablespoon
Fresh Ginger, peeled and Grated
1 tablespoon sesame Seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1 can Coconut Milk
1/2 bunch cilantro- chopped
juice from one lime or lemon
Kosher Salt to taste -
- In a large sauté pan or wok, brown all of the lamb pieces in the olive oil.
- Add the carrots and onions and brown each of them together with the lamb.
- On a plate, measure out all of the dry ingredients and then add to the browned lamb.
- Cook the spices with the lamb for 1 or 2 minutes until the lamb is thoroughly coated with the spice mixture.
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk and lime juice.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning and serve hot with rice.