I love easy to cook recipes. Especially on cold, fall night when I am not motivated to cook. This is quick and easy. You can add ham to this as well. Also add sour cream to make this richer.
- 1/3 lb cooked tender bacon then dice
- 2 medium thinly sliced sweet onions
- 4 medium sliced potatoes
- 2plus cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 chopped green onions
- Butter chunks to dot on top
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line crockpot with foil, then layer half each of the bacon, onions and potatoes in the crockpot.
- Season potato mixture with 1/2 of garlic and onion powders, then season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with 1/2 the butter.
- Repeat vegetable layer and seasonings - then dot with remaining butter.
- Cover with foil and cook on low for 4 1/2 hrs.
- Top with cheese, re-cover with foil and cook for an additional 20 minutes .