Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dances with Skitters!!

It’s hard to believe that summer is almost over. It gets dark at about 8:00 p.m. and the nights are no longer hot and humid. When I let the girls out to go potty late at night, the cool air rushes over my face and reminds me that I should probably wear my socks and a long sleeve shirt when I go. I don’t, of course, and the chilly air wraps around my body when the hungry mosquitoes look for an exposed part of my body for a succulent meal.

They land and begin feasting and I do my dance of trying to evade the mosquitoes, and as I weave back and forth, with my arms flapping, the girls rush to me. They are thinking, perhaps that I am winding up to toss a ball to them and when they discover that I do not have a ball then Tess grabs the nearest ball. Tess flings it upon my back legs, almost taking me down like a linebacker taking down the star quarterback in the Super Bowl.

I dance to get away from the flying bloodsuckers and the budding linebackers and finally I give up and make a mad dash to the front door. I fling it open and dash in, followed by the girls and my own private mosquito squadron. We all settle in to watch the some TV and Jeff walks in and ask if I am ok.

“Of course” I reply.

No comments: