Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Nana"







Western Regionals 2007, Oregon


It's been a while since I wrote about one of the Border Collies here so this week, Nan is the featured dog.

Nan is a daughter of Imp Spot (owned by Michelle Howard). Spot was a successful Nursery dog run by Bobby Henderson and imported by Joni Swanke.
Her dam is Nell (owned by Laura Hick). Laura raises tremendous dogs that work hard in the Dakotas on a cattle operation. She has the best of both worlds and you can tell!!

I got Nan about 1.5 yrs ago. She is very FAST and biddable...although we had to work on the biddable bit for a while but now she has partnered up with me. We have been running in Open. She really wants to please but she is quite pushy on the stock. She is very fast and her quickness sometimes spooks the sheep. I am really pleased with Nan. We are starting to figure each other out and she is a great shedder. We have been running in Open and while we are not setting the world on fire with our scores, we only have been together for a bit. In due time, it will fall in place. My timing is slow other still but it is getting better.

Nan just turned five so we have lots of years together. Now I just have to step up to the plate to her level. I am truly blessed to have Nan.

Her full sister is owned by Tommy Wilson and is named Sly and has done very well.

No comments: